Rapidly growing franchise organization is seeking a Controller to lead the development of the accounting and finance organization through a period of significant growth. This individual must have an entrepreneurial spirit and the flexibility to be extremely hands on and yet see the long-term big picture to build a scalable organization.
Location: Atlanta, GA
- Management oversight of the daily operations of the accounting function. This includes active, hands-on management of the general ledger and monthly close process, payroll, treasury, accounts payable, and coordinate of tax and audit
- Implement and document a system of accounting policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain budgets, forecast and key financial KPI reporting.
- Oversee the annual audit.
- Oversee that all local, state and federal filings requirement are met.
- Work in conjunction with the CEO to provide strategic support.
- Develop strong working relationships and work closely with operations and marketing
Qualified Candidates should possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration and/or a strong knowledge of GAAP accounting required;
- CPA is required.
- 6+ years or progressive responsibility in accounting
- A combination of previous Big 4 and corporate accounting experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong fundamental analytics and communication skills, including an ability to derive and communicate key conclusions from large data sets.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Franchise experience and/or multi-unit retail experience is a plus.
- Experience working in a private equity backed company is a plus.
- Must be flexible for some travel during early stages of the role.
Please email resume to Amy Dresser– firstname.lastname@example.org