Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Manager works closely with senior management to increase the company’s efficiency and profitability through critical analysis of business processes, operations, revenue, and margins. The FP&A Manager is also responsible for coordinating and leading the development of periodic short, medium, and long-range financial forecasts as well as the annual operating budget.
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Work closely with the leadership team to formulate the business’s medium to long term financial and strategic plan.
- Work with department heads to build their annual budgets and forecasts and consolidate them into an overall corporate budget or forecast.
- Create, update, and maintain the financial models and detailed forecasts to support the planning and budgeting processes.
- Analyze financial and operational results to understand company performance against budgets and forecasts, providing variance analysis to explain the drivers of differences in performance.
- Utilize BI tools to deliver meaningful insights into business, department, or product performance.
- Communicate results and recommendations to senior management for improvements that will lead to cost reduction, revenue generation, or streamlined operations.
- Review existing business processes and procedures to develop recommendations for improvement efforts including automation opportunities.
- Prepare business cases to support new investment, strategic, and other business decisions.
- Provide insights to senior management around financial modelling, forecasts, and profitability.
- Deliver competitor analysis, market trends, and associated commentary.
- Perform ad hoc and routine financial close tasks.
Qualified Candidates should possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Operations Management, or Industrial Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant analytical experience in an operations or manufacturing environment
- Experience working in an ERP system environment
- Expert level proficiency in Microsoft Excel and BI reporting tools
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, organizational, and problem-solving skills (linking results to drivers)
- Experience developing forecasts and operating plans
- High level of commercial acumen
- General understanding of finance and business control with a process orientation
- A desire to automate and constantly improve performance, work processes, and team efficiencies
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple tasks and deliverables in an effective and timely manner
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build relationships with various levels of management
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills
Please email resume to Amy Dresser– firstname.lastname@example.org